In March, Ukrainian Food Export Board took part in the business trip of Ukrainian dairy companies to Lithuania. The delegation visited Pienas LT – the largest vertically integrated dairy cooperative in the Baltic countries.
Although Lithuanian consumers are very loyal to national brand, but only 40% of local dairy products are consumed inside the country, the rest is for export. Therefore, Pienas LT made a decision to produce dairy ingredients and export them the foreign markets.
Nowadays, the cooperative produces and exports, mainly to Poland:
- Micellar protein concentrate (MicCC 85) for making nutritional foods and processed cheese, dairy and drinks, diet and sports nutrition.
- Milk protein concentrate powder (MPC).
- Native whey protein concentrate powder (NWPC), which can be used in nutritional dietetic formulations, high–protein nutritional and clinical formulation, infant formula, protein bars and beverage.
- Milk permeate powder (MPP) – suitable for a wide range of applications including standardization of dairy blends, bakery and confectionery, dairy based blends, cultures dairy products,.
- Pasteurized liquid cream (40%)